What The Scriptures Say About Drinking?
005:018 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
020:001 - Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not
006:009 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not
deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of
themselves with mankind,
006:010 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the
kingdom of God.
006:011 - And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified
in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
005:019 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication,
005:020 - Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
005:021 - Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you
before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit
the kingdom of God.
Steps - To - Overcome Addiction
1. The scriptures tell us that misuse of alcohol is wrong.
2. You need to ask God into your heart.
3. Contact a Christ-centered church and attend regularly.
4. Change your lifestyle, separate yourself from access to alcohol or where alcohol is served.
5. Avoid conflicts and reasons that you need to drink.
6. Remember, God has delivered you and you don't have to drink to keep going.
7. Stay in prayer and study God's Word. Worship and praise him and thank Him for
delivering you from this addiction. Rebuke the thoughts that you need a drink. This will keep
renewing your mind.
8. Get counseling at least once a week with a pastor or attend support group meetings.
9. If you fail, ask God for forgiveness and forgive yourself. God promises He will forgive us
for our sins when we ask.
10. Don't give up. Take each day one at a time and thank God daily for helping you through